In case you missed it, last week a man in Jessamine County, Kentucky was arrested for a DUI. This isn't exactly news; I'm sure people in Kentucky get DUI's all the time. Except Danny Reynolds got his DUI for riding a horse. Yes, his blood alcohol level was twice the legal limit when he dismounted his "vehicle" to eat some crackers because he was light-headed from his diabetes (he claims) not from the "couple" beers he drank while trail riding with friends. He was also found with several beers and a jar of moonshine in his saddlebags, which made me double-check this story's dateline to make sure he was indeed arrested last week, and not in 1926.
In the interest of keeping our Bro Council readers arrest-record free, here is a list of other weird things you can get be arrested for (courtesy of dumblaws.com)
- In Alabama, you can be arrested for bear wrestling. (Look out, Brick Tamblin.)
- In Bro Council's home state of Pennsylvania, you can be arrested for discharging a cannon at a wedding celebration.
- It is illegal to swear in public in West Virginia.
- In the great state of Idaho, you can be arrested for excessive merry-go-rounding on Sundays.
- In Massachusetts, you can be arrested for having a gorilla in the backseat of your car. No word on whether its legal to chauffeur a gorilla if he's riding shotgun.
- In Little Rock, Arkansas, you can be sentenced to a 30-day jail term for flirting outside.
- You can be arrested for whale hunting in Utah. Related question; are there whales in Utah?
- You can be arrested for gambling at airports in Maine.
Stay safe, readers!
[Source - CBSNews.com]