Recently, a guy named Mike "The Griz" Ritz, from a show called Adventures South of the Border, took Chef Yvan Mucharrz fishing to film a new reality show called Chef on the Water. It didn't work out so well for the chef.
He did catch a nice fish on the trip, but a sea lion decided that he wanted it for himself, and you can see what happened in the video below.
By the way, did you know that:
- Sea lions can hold their breath for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Sea lions can reach speeds up to 22 mph.
- A female sea lion's gestation period is 12 months, including a 3 month delayed implantation. During this time the fertilized egg is free-floating and not attached to the uterine wall.
- Pups nurse for 6 - 12 months.
- California sea lions can be found as far north as British Columbia, along the coast of California and as far south as Mexico.
- Sea lions are capable of diving to depths of up to 1100 feet.
And there is your sea-life lesson for the day.