On September 5th, Bro Council headquarters had a big party to celebrate the official one year birthday of Bro Council. Last year on the day after Labor Day, Bro Council officially posted our first article as a website. Since then, we have seen a lot of great things happening with the site and we wanted to recap and celebrate a little since we, unfortunately, were not able to invite all of you to the birthday party. Here are some of the things that have happened over the past year thanks to your support:
- We broke the story of Hines Ward signing with the Baltimore Ravens, which wasn't an actual story but it still went national and got our first mention on NFL.com after we spoofed a Pittsburgh news station. Sorry, WPXI (and sorry to one reader who just didn't get it.)
- Our first viral website happened with our Peebowing launch. Dan Patrick even got in on it.
- We launched our web-series called Roommates, and it's funny...most of the time. Get ready for season two, we have already started filming.
- Bro Council Films launched with our first ever documentary on the 2011 National Beard and Mustache Championships. And now, we're a favorite destination for the bearded community.
- We won an award for "Best Website in Pittsburgh" - thank you to our Pittsburgh readers, and next up: the "Best Website in the World" award. Does anyone know how to translate to Mandarin? I feel like we're going to need the China vote to get enough ballots going our way.
Thank you for your support over this past year! There are some really exciting things happening soon and we can't wait to share them with you. Remember...you are Bro Council.