Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania! Are you ready to participate in the one running event that will allow you to experience the best of a city in less than 5K? People from Pittsburgh and around the country will be able to participate in events that showcase what makes the city great.
Bro Council, recently voted "Best Website" by readers of Pittsburgh Magazine, is excited to bring to life the city's very first Brocathalon. With this event, Bro Council will be incorporating challenges that highlight the city's best food and cherished icons. Plus, Steelers Super Bowl Champions Jeff Hartings and Justin Hartwig (and special guests) will emcee the event and greet runners at the finish line for a post race party featuring the best food and fun from the City of Champions.
You know what else? You're also helping out a great cause as a portion of the proceeds from the Brocathalon will be donated to locally founded charities, including the Ben Roethlisberger Foundation.
Registration is now open, and with the early bird special you can save $15 by signing up today!
- Pothole Challenge - Run through an obstacle course of the worst kind to start off the race. The Pittsburgh Pothole challenge will get you started right.
- Pop Art Painting - Let the spirit of Andy Warhol guide you as you and thousands of other runners help to create a pop art masterpiece that will be auctioned off for charity.
- Wabash Tunnel Bash - Crawl through the tunnels of Pittsburgh like every other driver who has ever commuted in Pittsburgh: slow and unreasonably scared.
- Coleslaw and Fries - Pittsburgh is famous for our food, and especially our sandwiches. Now you get to run through (or around) some slaw as part of the course.
- Night of the Walking Dead Zombie Attacks - Did you know the zombie craze got started in Pittsburgh? Now you get to see some of Pittsburgh's best un-dead.
- The Bonds Blast - You have to get through a barrage of balls being thrown at you from right field. You better run faster than Sid Bream to get through this.
- The Quaker State Wings Challenge - Do you want mild or a mouth-on-fire hot mess of wings to refresh you? It’s your choice as you down some wings for a burst of protein to finish off your run.
- Championship Drive - It's going to be an immaculate reception at the finish line, so finish strong with a crowd of champions cheering you on.
More events will be announced soon! Check out our FAQ: http://brocathalon.com/faq
Date subject to change based on NCAA schedule.